THE Helston Railway is making rapid progress in rebuilding Truthall Halt.
Original GWR plans were used to make the necessary components for the traditional pagoda-style station, which has been built from new and replicates the original.
Truthall Halt was opened on July 3, 1905, 1¾ miles north of Helston. The halt was the first stop out of Helston and served the village of Trannack and also Truthall Manor.
The platform has been rebuilt to its original two-coach length by the heritage line as a second station, with as many original features as possible
Carn View Commercials lifted the body and roof of the station building into position on the platform.
On March 16 last year, the line’s first train of the season was able to stop at Truthall Halt and passengers were able to disembark. It was the first time in 54 years trains were able to stop there since the closure to passengers in 1962.
Read more News and Features in Issue 238 of HR – on sale now!Enjoy more Heritage Railway reading in the four-weekly magazine. Click here to subscribe.