SociÉtÉ John Cockerill-built vertical-boilered tank engine No. 2945 returned from overhaul in time to take part in the Lavender Line’s Classic Cars & Miniature Steam Traction Engines Rally on October 6/7.
Formerly named Yvonne, the locomotive has now been renamed Lady Lisa.
Built in 1920, the locomotive was employed as a shunter at a gas works in Brussels until 1967.
In 1987 it was purchased from Charles Focquet, a Brussels scrap merchant, imported to England and restored. Afterwards it ran on several preserved railways, before ending up at the Hollycombe Steam Collection.
In 2014 it was acquired by Colin Healey and moved to the Lavender Line, where a four-year major overhaul was completed in September. The locomotive passed its steam test at the beginning of October.
Colin’s wife is a trainee fireman and was on the footplate as the train ran on the hour from 11am with a goods train consist, with passenger rides given in a brakevan.
Read more News and Features in Issue 248 of HR – on sale now!Enjoy more Heritage Railway reading in the four-weekly magazine. Click here to subscribe.