TWO Quarry Hunslet 0-4-0STs will take pride of place at King’s Cross station from February 10-18.
No. 409 of 1886 Velinheli from the Launceston Steam Railway and No. 855 of 1904 Hugh Napier, which is owned by the National Trust and while part of the Penrhyn Castle Railway Museum spends its time as a guest of the Ffestiniog Railway, will be rolled into the station’s ticket hall at 1pm on February 10.
The pair, which used to transport slate around the quarries of Bethesda and Llanberis, will be used to promote North Wales as a tourist destination, and the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways in particular.
The railways carry nearly 400,000 passengers each year and trains cover 63,500 miles – more than two and a half times round the earth at the equator
During the display, there will also be the opportunity to win a short break in North Wales, staying at Portmeirion and including and first class tickets on both railways.
Read more News and Features in Issue 238 of HR – on sale now!