5 December 2013
Following last year’s viral video of Kim Wilde on a train after a Christmas night out, she has released a new music album and on one track has teamed up with fellow 80s pop legend Nik Kershaw to record Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree... appropriately filmed on a train!
25 November 2013
Father Christmas will be swapping his sleigh for a steam locomotive when he arrives at South Tynedale Railway next month.
- Help Elsecar Heritage Railway win the People's Millions
- Bahamas is coming to Heritage Railway!
- Sir Drefaldwyn to steam again on Llanfair line
- English Heritage and Network Rail to protect heritage of the Midland Main Line railway
- Ingrow Museum provides facilities for Leeds International Film Festival documentary
- Nationwide search for Wareham railway children pictured in 1966
- Big day at Swindon & Cricklade Railway
Other Feature Articles
17 January 2013
Two years of meticulous planning finally bore fruit on Sunday, January 13 when a complete Victorian teak train was hauled by Metropolitan Railway E class 0-4-4T No. 1 from Kensington Olympia to Moorgate. The seven-and-a-half-mile trip exclusively carrying VIP guests was the first of a series of groundbreaking public steam trips through the London Underground tunnels, marking the 150th anniversary of the world’s first tube network, as Robin Jones reports, in the second part of a feature which began in Heritage Railway issue 172, on sale on January 17.
Current Issue: Nov 21, 2013
♦ A P2 fit for a prince!
♦ Severn Valley Railway special
♦ Cromwell's Brodgnorth to Bluebell first
♦ 2007 name announced
♦ North Norfolk Cromer running bid
♦ Nene Valley is offered old Wansford station
♦ GCR bridge - Network Rail moves in
• Next issue on sale: December 19, 2013