29 December 2014
at Locomotion, the National Railway Museum at Shildon
Saturday and Sunday, January 10-11.
22 December 2014
After a gap of over four years normal train services are to resume on India’s world-famous Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. The first train from Siliguri to Darjeeling will depart from Siliguri Junction on December 25.
- Christmas 'Winter Warm Up' steam and diesel day
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway takes Britain's top award
- Ride with us on Mayflower's first main line trip!
- The Big Give Christmas Challenge
- Second chance for Fakenham's railway
- Volunteers to run 44 fundraising festive Santa Special steam trains
- Crossrail uncovers Brunelâ€™s railway heritage
- Autumnal photos wanted
28 February 2014
Welcome to episode three of the official Heritage Railway magazine podcast. In this episode, Alex Lewczuk speaks to Geoff Thompson, Brian Sharpe and Robin Jones about the hype surrounding the Great Goodbye at Locomotion - The National Railway Museum at Shildon. Plus an EXCLUSIVE interview with Tim Godfrey, grandson of the one and only Sir Nigel Gresley!
2 January 2014
KNOCKED back senseless! That was Bluebell Railway Preservation Society chairman Roy Watts’ reaction when it was announced that his line has been named Ian Allan Railway of the Decade following the opening of its extension to East Grinstead.
Other Feature Articles
17 January 2013
Two years of meticulous planning finally bore fruit on Sunday, January 13 when a complete Victorian teak train was hauled by Metropolitan Railway E class 0-4-4T No. 1 from Kensington Olympia to Moorgate. The seven-and-a-half-mile trip exclusively carrying VIP guests was the first of a series of groundbreaking public steam trips through the London Underground tunnels, marking the 150th anniversary of the world’s first tube network, as Robin Jones reports, in the second part of a feature which began in Heritage Railway issue 172, on sale on January 17.
Current Issue: Jan 15, 2015
• Bittern's farewell main line run
• Take Severn Valley pictures the others miss!
• North Yorkshire Moors named best in UK
• Allan Garraway tribute
• Complete 2015 events guide
• Next issue on sale: February 12, 2015