26 February 2015
The company behind some of the UK’s leading motorcycle and motoring events is looking to add an event planner to its growing ranks with applications now being taken for this exciting new role which will be based at its offices in Horncastle, Lincolnshire.
6 February 2015
Rail Minister Claire Perry MP has made history after riding on the first train to be run under a newly commissioned £3.2 million signalling system that will enable a trial passenger train service between Wareham, Corfe Castle and Swanage.
28 January 2015
Sunday, February 1 to end of August 2015
- Bala launches £3 million town centre push
- Swanage Railway breaks passenger records
- Find out how the railways helped win the Second World War
- Back in action! India's Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is fully open again
- Christmas 'Winter Warm Up' steam and diesel day
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway takes Britain's top award
- Ride with us on Mayflower's first main line trip!
- The Big Give Christmas Challenge
28 February 2014
Welcome to episode three of the official Heritage Railway magazine podcast. In this episode, Alex Lewczuk speaks to Geoff Thompson, Brian Sharpe and Robin Jones about the hype surrounding the Great Goodbye at Locomotion - The National Railway Museum at Shildon. Plus an EXCLUSIVE interview with Tim Godfrey, grandson of the one and only Sir Nigel Gresley!
2 January 2014
KNOCKED back senseless! That was Bluebell Railway Preservation Society chairman Roy Watts’ reaction when it was announced that his line has been named Ian Allan Railway of the Decade following the opening of its extension to East Grinstead.
Other Feature Articles
17 January 2013
Two years of meticulous planning finally bore fruit on Sunday, January 13 when a complete Victorian teak train was hauled by Metropolitan Railway E class 0-4-4T No. 1 from Kensington Olympia to Moorgate. The seven-and-a-half-mile trip exclusively carrying VIP guests was the first of a series of groundbreaking public steam trips through the London Underground tunnels, marking the 150th anniversary of the world’s first tube network, as Robin Jones reports, in the second part of a feature which began in Heritage Railway issue 172, on sale on January 17.
Current Issue: Feb 12, 2015
• Flying Scotsman to return in BR green!
• How to photograph the Llangollen Railway
• Sir Winston Churchill: Funeral train unveiled in York
• Pete Waterman in £1 million steam sale
• Spa Valley hit by second landslip
• Next issue on sale: March 12, 2015