- Professor Stephen Hawking travels on the West Somerset Railway
- Visitors make tracks to Severn Valley Autumn Steam Gala
- Ffestiniog completes repairs to Talyllyn locomotive
- Ivatt tank steams for first time on Isle of Wight
- Great Central Railway secures £1m of Government money towards reunification project
- By steam to the Scillies!
- Stand by for spectacular scenes in BBC's Casualty
- Three Pacifics for Midsummer day!
28 February 2014
Welcome to episode three of the official Heritage Railway magazine podcast. In this episode, Alex Lewczuk speaks to Geoff Thompson, Brian Sharpe and Robin Jones about the hype surrounding the Great Goodbye at Locomotion - The National Railway Museum at Shildon. Plus an EXCLUSIVE interview with Tim Godfrey, grandson of the one and only Sir Nigel Gresley!
2 January 2014
KNOCKED back senseless! That was Bluebell Railway Preservation Society chairman Roy Watts’ reaction when it was announced that his line has been named Ian Allan Railway of the Decade following the opening of its extension to East Grinstead.
Other Feature Articles
17 January 2013
Two years of meticulous planning finally bore fruit on Sunday, January 13 when a complete Victorian teak train was hauled by Metropolitan Railway E class 0-4-4T No. 1 from Kensington Olympia to Moorgate. The seven-and-a-half-mile trip exclusively carrying VIP guests was the first of a series of groundbreaking public steam trips through the London Underground tunnels, marking the 150th anniversary of the world’s first tube network, as Robin Jones reports, in the second part of a feature which began in Heritage Railway issue 172, on sale on January 17.
Current Issue: Oct 23, 2014
Anglo-Scottish Expresses: West Highland autumn steam
Steam Bonanza plans by new Scotrail operator
Dad's Army remake filmed on Moorsline
Gala action from West Somerset, Great Central, KWVR, Epping, NYMR, Lynton and Severn Valley
Dwight D. Eisenhower numberplate for sale
• Next issue on sale: November 20, 2014