13 May 2016
Crowds flocked to Beamish Museum for its April 7-10 Great War Steam Fair – but the real showstopper for many railway enthusiasts was the first public appearance of Britain’s newest steam locomotive.
- Electric stock scrap fears after order to quit
- Will window planning refusal save Wolverton Works?
- Newstead sees the light after 30 years
- Severn Valley launches £5m Bridgnorth upgrade bid
- West Coast back in business
- Lottery grant to elevate Barrow Hill to national stage
- P2 builder appeals for £200K to wheel chassis
- Standard tank marooned on a motorway
28 February 2014
Welcome to episode three of the official Heritage Railway magazine podcast. In this episode, Alex Lewczuk speaks to Geoff Thompson, Brian Sharpe and Robin Jones about the hype surrounding the Great Goodbye at Locomotion - The National Railway Museum at Shildon. Plus an EXCLUSIVE interview with Tim Godfrey, grandson of the one and only Sir Nigel Gresley!
Other Feature Articles
- BR black on the Cambrian
- FAMOUS BRITISH LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEERS: THE LNER AFTER GRESLEY - EDWARD THOMPSON AND ARTHUR PEPPERCORN
- ON THE TRAIL OF THE LAST 'SIX-NINE-FIVERS'
- CELEBRATING AN ANNIVERSARY: THE Ab 608 'CENTENNIAL' TOUR OF NEW ZEALAND'S SOUTH ISLAND
- REMEMBERING GEOFF BIRD: AN LNER PREMIUM APPRENTICE
- WITH FULL REGULATOR: LOCOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE THEN AND NOW
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 10th June 2016
Fri 17th to Sun 19th June 2016 10am â€“ 5pm Friday & Saturday 10am â€“ 4pm sunday Over 60 of the country”s best layouts will be attending alongside over 40 of the industry”s leading suppliers.
17 January 2013
Two years of meticulous planning finally bore fruit on Sunday, January 13 when a complete Victorian teak train was hauled by Metropolitan Railway E class 0-4-4T No. 1 from Kensington Olympia to Moorgate. The seven-and-a-half-mile trip exclusively carrying VIP guests was the first of a series of groundbreaking public steam trips through the London Underground tunnels, marking the 150th anniversary of the world’s first tube network, as Robin Jones reports, in the second part of a feature which began in Heritage Railway issue 172, on sale on January 17.
Current Issue: May 5, 2016
Flying Scotsman to revisit East Lancashire Railway in October
Too famous to run? Trespass fears halt 'Scotsman' King's Cross departure
'Great Britain IX' sets off
Crystal Palace steam football special
Broadway appeal flying start
• Next issue on sale: June 2, 2016