2 April 2015
6 February 2015
Rail Minister Claire Perry MP has made history after riding on the first train to be run under a newly commissioned £3.2 million signalling system that will enable a trial passenger train service between Wareham, Corfe Castle and Swanage.
- Crossrail's Breakthrough exhibition to launch at London Transport Museum
- Bala launches £3 million town centre push
- Swanage Railway breaks passenger records
- Find out how the railways helped win the Second World War
- Back in action! India's Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is fully open again
- Christmas 'Winter Warm Up' steam and diesel day
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway takes Britain's top award
- Ride with us on Mayflower's first main line trip!
28 February 2014
Welcome to episode three of the official Heritage Railway magazine podcast. In this episode, Alex Lewczuk speaks to Geoff Thompson, Brian Sharpe and Robin Jones about the hype surrounding the Great Goodbye at Locomotion - The National Railway Museum at Shildon. Plus an EXCLUSIVE interview with Tim Godfrey, grandson of the one and only Sir Nigel Gresley!
10 June 2015
Terry Turner, former general manager of the Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway and a member of the Heritage Railway Association’s operating & safety committee, explains how he came across a cost effective development in level crossing technology which has now been successfully installed at Castle Caereinion
Other Feature Articles
17 January 2013
Two years of meticulous planning finally bore fruit on Sunday, January 13 when a complete Victorian teak train was hauled by Metropolitan Railway E class 0-4-4T No. 1 from Kensington Olympia to Moorgate. The seven-and-a-half-mile trip exclusively carrying VIP guests was the first of a series of groundbreaking public steam trips through the London Underground tunnels, marking the 150th anniversary of the world’s first tube network, as Robin Jones reports, in the second part of a feature which began in Heritage Railway issue 172, on sale on January 17.
Current Issue: June 4, 2015
Lottery backs £15m GCR/NRM Museum at Leicester North
Back in business! West Coast 'on probation' after SPAD
Taw Valley heads British Pullman on Severn Valley
Tornado booked for Scottish main line tours
Runaway Quorn diesel crash: handbrake left off
• Next issue on sale: July 2, 2015