Off the shelf: 1 September 2011
Reviews this issue include:
• Emotions of Railway Art
This month's book reviews by Heritage Railway.
From models to the real thing, you’ll find much to inspire you in our selection of good reads & DVDs.
If you have a title you'd like us to review, please drop the HR team a line from our contact page.
Emotions of Railway Art
By the Guild of Railway artists (hardback, 113pp, £40, Ian Allan Publishing, ISBN 978 1 84425 992 2)
With a foreword by Steve Davies MBE, director of the National Railway Museum, this book is far more than just a collection of railway paintings.
All styles, all eras and a variety of counties feature in the works of art presented in its pages.
Paintings frequently feature in the pages of Heritage Railway but it is unusual to read the individual artists’ comments on their work. This book aims to correct that situation, highly recommended.
Responses to “Off the shelf: 1 September 2011”
Current Issue: Feb 12, 2015
• Flying Scotsman to return in BR green!
• How to photograph the Llangollen Railway
• Sir Winston Churchill: Funeral train unveiled in York
• Pete Waterman in £1 million steam sale
• Spa Valley hit by second landslip
• Next issue on sale: March 12, 2015