Blue King on Mid-Norfolk
By: Robin Jones
Newly restored GWR 4-6-0 No 6023 King Edward II is booked to run summer services on the Mid Norfolk Railway, starting on Saturday, June 4 and culminating in a steam gala on July 16-17, running jointly with Great Western design pannier tank No. 9466.
The blue-livered locomotive will run four round trips daily, every weekend until Sunday, July 3, as part of its running-in programme following gits launch at Didcot Railway Centre on April 2.
KE II is also scheduled to run on Wednesdays, June 22 and 29 and Wednesdays and Thursdays, July 6-7 and 13-14.
On July 9-10 a special timetable applies, when KE II runs a two-train service with No. 9466.
For the weekend of June 4-5, MNR round trip fares will be £15 adults and £10 children, thereafter £10 adults and £5 children.
Fore the full story of the restoration and relaunch of No. 6023, read Heritage Railway issue 150.
Responses to “Blue King on Mid-Norfolk”
Current Issue: Feb 12, 2015
• Flying Scotsman to return in BR green!
• How to photograph the Llangollen Railway
• Sir Winston Churchill: Funeral train unveiled in York
• Pete Waterman in £1 million steam sale
• Spa Valley hit by second landslip
• Next issue on sale: March 12, 2015